Oh God! Chan Marshall could you cure me of my LA venue blues!?! You’re probably worth the hefty ticketmaster investment. (Ticket price + facility charge + convenience charge + order processing charge + mailing = ticketmaster blues) Well since I have had a school boy crush on her since forever it would be worth the venture. Since I managed to score the ticket for free; I now owe someone a non-sexual favor, I was able to afford the twenty dollar parking and the eight dollar beer. (A pleasure that’s usually to rich for my post grad life).
Never mind that her last album was another covers album, or that she hides away of to aside of the stage, or that there was no spotlight on her. I was still gushing all over. The best part of her covers is how much they don’t sound like the originals. Her set started out with a cover of the land of the rising sun followed by Fleetwood Mac cover of Dreams. The band really wanted to rock out to the songs and at times left Cat Power behind. It wasn’t till late in the set that the band and Cat Power found each other’s tempo and just in time for my favorite, metal heart. (Sorry everyone who was standing around me I really wanted to record it)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dreams? amazing. Oh Ms. Marshall, if only you were 10 years younger and not emotionally unstable.
Post a Comment